Work visas


The North American Free Trade Agreement (NAFTA) of 1993 created the TN professional visa for Canadian and Mexican nationals. The TN Visa...
Read More

R-1: Religious Worker

The R1 Visa enables religious workers to temporarily enter the United States. A religious vocation is defined as a calling to religious...
Read More

P-1: Athletes and Entertainment Groups

P-1 visas are issued to music or entertainment groups and individual athletes who wish to work temporarily in the U.S. Outstanding athletes...
Read More

O-1: Individuals of Extraordinary Ability

The O-1 visa is a temporary work visa available to foreign nationals who have “extraordinary ability in the sciences, arts, education, business...
Read More

L-1: Intracompany Transfer of Manager or Executive

A foreign company who has a U.S. subsidiary, affiliate, branch or other qualifying relationship, may transfer an employee to the U.S. for...
Read More

K-1/ K-3: Fiancé or Spouse of US. Citizens

A U.S. citizen may petition for a fiancé/fiancée via an application for K-1 visa. Please note that Lawful Permanent Residents may not...
Read More

J-1: Exchange Visitor

The J-1 visa is designed to provide educational and cultural exchange programs, and was created in order to promote the sharing of...
Read More

I: Journalist

A representative of a foreign information media, including all press media, may obtain an I visa. Spouse and children are allowed to...
Read More

H-3: Trainee

The H-3 nonimmigrant visa category is designed to allow foreign nationals to come to the U.S. to receive training in many different...
Read More

H-1B: Specialty Occupation – Professional Worker

The H-1B visa category is available to individuals employed in the US in a “specialty occupation.” A specialty occupation requires a bachelor’s...
Read More