E-1: Treaty Trader

An E-1 Treaty Trader is a foreign national who wishes to come to the U.S. to carry on substantial trade, principally between the U.S. and his or her own foreign country. The E-1 visa applicant must be a foreign national of a treaty trader designated country, as well as meet other specific criteria.

The E-1 Visa is granted for up to a five-year period and allows a stay of up to two years, however there is no limit to the total time the visa holder may remain in the U.S. and extend his or her E-1 visa, as long as he or she continues to fulfill all E-1 visa requirements. In addition, the spouse of an E-1 visa holder and dependent children are also granted E-1 visa status. Please contact Beltran Brito LLP to inquire whether you qualify for an E-1 Treaty Trader Visa.

This post is also available in: Spanish

Please feel free to contact us, if you have any further questions regarding you legal residency, immigration or visa status and process. We will be happy to assist you.

¿Quiere saber todo sobre las visas?

Suscríbete a nuestra lista de correo y recibe lo último del sitio
No enviamos spam ni compartimos tu información

¿Want to know everything about visas?

Subscribe to our email list and receive the latest news of the website
We do not send spam nor share your information