I: Journalist

A representative of a foreign information media, including all press media, may obtain an I visa. Spouse and children are allowed to accompany the principal visa holder. The I visa allows admission for the duration of the qualifying employment, but does not allow the visa holder to change from one medium to another, or from changing employers, without requesting USCIS permission.

Good to Know: Free-lance media workers only qualify if they have professional journalistic credentials and are working under contract for an informational or cultural medium.

This post is also available in: Spanish

Please feel free to contact us, if you have any further questions regarding you legal residency, immigration or visa status and process. We will be happy to assist you.

¿Quiere saber todo sobre las visas?

Suscríbete a nuestra lista de correo y recibe lo último del sitio
No enviamos spam ni compartimos tu información

¿Want to know everything about visas?

Subscribe to our email list and receive the latest news of the website
We do not send spam nor share your information