L-1: Intracompany Transfer of Manager or Executive

A foreign company who has a U.S. subsidiary, affiliate, branch or other qualifying relationship, may transfer an employee to the U.S. for purposes of working at its U.S. office. The L-1 visa only allows intra-company transfer of employees involved in executive, managerial or specialized knowledge roles.

The L-1 visa holder must have worked at the foreign company for at least one consecutive year, in the last three years before entering the U.S., and in an executive or management position. The L-1 Visa is given for a maximum duration of seven years. The spouse and children (single and under 21 years of age) of the applicant also qualify for this type of Visa. The L-2 spouse may apply for Employment Authorization, but children are not eligible for work authorization.

Please feel free to contact us, if you have any further questions regarding you legal residency, immigration or visa status and process. We will be happy to assist you.

¿Quiere saber todo sobre las visas?

Suscríbete a nuestra lista de correo y recibe lo último del sitio
No enviamos spam ni compartimos tu información

¿Want to know everything about visas?

Subscribe to our email list and receive the latest news of the website
We do not send spam nor share your information