P-1: Athletes and Entertainment Groups

P-1 visas are issued to music or entertainment groups and individual athletes who wish to work temporarily in the U.S. Outstanding athletes may apply for this visa in order to compete in the U.S., either as individuals, or as members of an internationally recognized athletic team. Entertainment groups with an international reputation can be granted P-1 classification as a group to perform in the U.S. P-1 visas can also be granted to essential support personnel of P-1 applicants. Spouses and unmarried children under the age of 21 are permitted to accompany the P-1 visa holder under P-4 status, even though they may not work, they may attend school or college.

The initial period for an individual athlete is up to 5 years and additional increments of up to 5 years but the total stay is limited to 10 years. Athletic groups and entertainment groups are initially granted up to 1 year and additions can be made in increments of 1 year.

Please feel free to contact us, if you have any further questions regarding you legal residency, immigration or visa status and process. We will be happy to assist you.

¿Quiere saber todo sobre las visas?

Suscríbete a nuestra lista de correo y recibe lo último del sitio
No enviamos spam ni compartimos tu información

¿Want to know everything about visas?

Subscribe to our email list and receive the latest news of the website
We do not send spam nor share your information