Work visas

Temporary U.S. Visas range from tourist for pleasure visas, work visas, to student visas. All visas are issued at U.S. Consulates abroad, but once an individual enters the U.S. with a visa, the visa status initially granted by the Immigration Service upon U.S. entry may be extended or changed to another visa status without the Applicant having to leave the U.S.

B-1 Domestic Household Servant

Domestic Household Servants of some temporary visa holders and U.S. citizens may receive a B-1 work visa in order to accompany and work …Read more

H-1B: Specialty Occupation – Professional Worker

The H-1B visa category is available to individuals employed in the US in a “specialty occupation.” A specialty occupation requires a …Read more

L-1: Intracompany Transfer of Manager or Executive

A foreign company who has a U.S. subsidiary, affiliate, branch or other qualifying relationship, may transfer an employee to the U.S. for …Read more

B-1 and B-2

An individual who is a temporary visitor for business or pleasure, but is not authorized to work in the U.S. Stay in the U.S. is …Read more

H-3: Trainee

The H-3 nonimmigrant visa category is designed to allow foreign nationals to come to the U.S. to receive training in many different…Read more

O-1: Individuals of Extraordinary Ability

The O-1 visa is a temporary work visa available to foreign nationals who have “extraordinary ability in the sciences, arts…Read more

C-1/D-1: Alien in Transit / Crewman

Travelers passing through the United States do not need to be trapped in the airport. The C-1 Visa, also known as the transit visa…Read more

I: Journalist

A representative of a foreign information media, including all press media, may obtain an I visa. Spouse and children are …Read more

P-1: Athletes and Entertainment Groups

P-1 visas are issued to music or entertainment groups and individual athletes who wish to work temporarily in the U.S. Outstanding …Read more

E-1: Treaty Trader

An E-1 Treaty Trader is a foreign national who wishes to come to the U.S. to carry on substantial trade, principally between the …Read more

J-1: Exchange Visitor

The J-1 visa is designed to provide educational and cultural exchange programs, and was created in order to promote the sharing of …Read more

R-1: Religious Worker

The R1 Visa enables religious workers to temporarily enter the United States. A religious vocation is defined as a calling to religious…Read more

F-1 / M-1

An F-1 visa is for students of an academic or language training program. The F-1 visa is valid for the duration of stay, which…Read more

K-1/ K-3: Fiancé or Spouse of U.S. Citizens

A U.S. citizen may petition for a fiancé/fiancée via an application for K-1 visa. Please note that Lawful Permanent Residents may …Read more


The North American Free Trade Agreement (NAFTA) of 1993 created the TN professional visa for Canadian and Mexican nationals. The TN Visa …Read more

This post is also available in: Spanish

Please feel free to contact us, if you have any further questions regarding you legal residency, immigration or visa status and process. We will be happy to assist you.